|In the two months since this photo was taken, her two top front teeth have grown in -- finally! She spent about 10 months looking just like this, and we wondered if those teeth were ever going to grow in.|
2. What's your favorite color? Blue.
3. What's your favorite TV show? Annedroids.
5. What sport do you like best? Soccer. [I ask her if she's sure because it so happens that she is playing soccer currently, and does not have much enthusiasm for it. I tell her that it doesn't have to be a sport she actually plays.] Football.
|I don't know who took this picture, but apparently here she is showing off her new front teeth and whatever else she's got in her mouth -- yuck.|
7. What's your favorite cereal? The Star Wars kind.
8. Who is your best friend? Norah.
9. What do you want to be when you grow up? A vet.
10. What is your favorite book? Max [the Marine dog].
12. Where do you wish you could go on vacation? Massachusetts.
13. What is your best memory? The picture of me and my funny face when I was a baby. [I ask her if she means the one where she's pouting and ready to cry.] No, the one where I'm sitting in the chair.. [Well, that narrows it down to about a 1000 pictures we have of Delaney sitting in a chair as a baby and making a funny face.] Let me go try to find it.. [She runs off to her room and I wait. She comes back unsuccessful and then I say to her, "You know you can't actually remember that anyway, right?" She gives me a funny look. I think she has a different idea of what a "memory" is. She doesn't think it's something you remember, but more like a keepsake.]
|Here you go, Delaney.|
15. What is your favorite vegetable? Corn.
16. If you could have a wish, what would it be? To have a doggy.
|She's an elf-sized 3'10.5" and 50 lbs. She's at the 4th percentile for height and 21st for weight. She wears size 7/8 in clothing and size 13 or 1 in shoes, depending on the brand.|
18. Who is your biggest hero? Daddy.
19. What do you like to do with your friends? Play with Fenway. [This answer makes me sad for her because she is referring to Norah who lived next door until this past summer, who has a dog named Fenway. I hope that next time I ask her these questions she'll talk about things she does with kids who are in her own zipcode.]
20. What do you hope you'll get to do before your next birthday? Get a doggy. [I give her a look and say, "Really, before your next birthday?" She has already been promised a dog when she turns 10. But a girl can dream!]
I'm going to wrap this up with the little collage I posted on Facebook the day of her birthday -- Delaney at ages 0, 4, and now, 8. She is one special little little girl and we love her to pieces.