~Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~
{pretty}
{pretty}
I ordered these pillow covers with our home state outlines on them from Etsy a month-and-a-half ago, and they just arrived a few days ago. They came all the way from China, many, oh so many days later than the production and shipping time estimates were. I was so annoyed by how long they took and I will never again order from an Etsy shop in China. It's just that they were exactly what I wanted and I couldn't find them anywhere else. This house has been one gigantic blank slate for me ever since we moved in in July, and I am piecing it together slowly. It makes me happy that now our entry is a fitting introduction to the rest of the house and who we are as a family. Kind of. Little by little it's coming together. That green bench is something I picked up at a consignment store a few months ago, and immediately had second thoughts about it. I'm still not attached to it, but those burlap pillows make it a lot nicer to look at.
{happy}
{funny and real - they seem to go together hand in hand, don't they?}
A couple days ago, I microwaved the last of the leftover chicken tortilla soup for lunch. It was the perfect amount to fill up the bowl and I felt satisfied that not a single drop would go to waste. Once it was nice and hot I squeezed some lime juice in and added a dollop of Daisy. Perfection. Then I made my way to the table, holding it gingerly with two hands. It was heavy and it was hot. I was sooooo close to my chair when it suddenly slipped out of my hands and hit the floor. I didn't even get a warning, never felt it start to slip. One instant I had it and the next, SPLAT! I could have cried. The mess was so huge. I was so hungry. I was sliding quickly into a pit of despair. Then it came to me: real. I grabbed my camera. It doesn't get any more real than this.
Timmy and I were in awe of the scope of this mess. It looked like someone had projectile vomited, splashing the floor, the chair, the wall, the window and the curtains.
And I was all out of paper towels. But it made for a good story!
For more {phfr}, go to Like Mother, Like Daughter.
![]() |
| Proving Tim's point about why we should not bother reupholstering these chairs |
And I was all out of paper towels. But it made for a good story!
For more {phfr}, go to Like Mother, Like Daughter.
edit.jpg)


I really love that swing! Where did you get it?
ReplyDeleteAnd I love this prompt too - I may be stealing it! :D
I got it from Plow and Hearth. It's the cutest little red swing with a distressed finish.
DeleteI'm loving the pillows, the swing...actually everything about this post. Except the spilled soup, oh my how disappointing, I could almost taste it myself and just ache that it dropped, is it bad that I weep over food mishaps almost as easily as Hallmark commercials?
ReplyDeleteThank you! Yeah, the spilling of the soup will NEVER happen again. I will hold it from the bottom. I can't stand to have to throw good food away, especially when my stomach's growling!
DeleteOoooh my goodness - the soup! I applaud your ability to see the humor in it and take a picture. I would have cried BIG TEARS!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the bench and the pillows. It looks great with the artwork above :)
Thanks, Nicole!
Delete