Monday, August 22, 2011

Grandy visits

Our latest visiting relative was my mom, a.k.a. Grandy.  She named herself that when her oldest grandchild, Aspen, was born in 2005.  Timmy is her eighth grandchild.  8 grandchildren in 6 years, and another one due in September!  She is original.  I don't think there are any other Grandys out there.  She stayed with us from Monday the 15th until Sunday the 21st.

On the way home from the airport, she shared with me that there are a couple relatives on my side of the family with the name Timothy Francis. I'd thought we were only naming him after his dad and grandpa, but it turns out that Mom's mom's father was Timothy Francis; and an ancestor on her dad's side was as well.  It's probably not an amazing coincidence so much as proof that Irish Catholics have a lot of the same favorite names.  But I still think it's kind of special.
It was mostly a laid-back visit, which made it very relaxing for me.  I slept in a couple mornings until 8, and that was nice.  I took Timmy to the pediatrician on Tuesday, when he was 3 weeks and 1 day old.  He weighed 10 pounds 7 ounces.  We got his newborn screening done (heel stick test), that is usually done the day you leave the hospital.  He is a healthy little man.

We went to the beach a couple times.  Mom suggested we go in the evening, and I hadn't even thought of that as an option, since we're 40 minutes away.  But I'm so glad we went.  I'd forgotten how beautiful the beach is in the evening -- warm but not hot, the breeze blowing, and everyone around so happy and relaxed.  It's like a different world.  The girls had so much fun, it was totally worth keeping them up late.  The tide was out and there were these little pools in the sand that were perfect for splashing and playing in.

On Saturday, we went to our old favorite Cow Cafe, and afterward, we took some pictures on a bench outside.  Annie's has blue cadaver lips because of Blue Moo ice cream, and Delaney is either smirking or sticking her tongue out.  Little stinker.
We miss Grandy.  We're going to have to plan a trip to Cincinnati for sometime after Tim gets back, so we can see the whole family.

No comments:

Post a Comment