On the way home from school Friday, Delaney said to me, "Today at school we made these poles that the Native Americans had.. that have people on them.."
"Totem poles?" I asked.
"Yes!" she said. "And I put Alexa on mine but not you."
"Huh?"
"We were only allowed to put five people on them, and I really wanted to put Alexa on mine.."
"Alright, let me get this straight -- you put yourself, Daddy, Alexa,.."
"..And Timmy and Annie, and I wanted to put you on it too, but I really wanted Alexa."
"So I'm not even the 'low man on the totem pole.' I'm not even on the totem pole, but Alexa is?!"
"I know, but I really wanted her on it because she's my favorite cousin.. (blah, blah, blah).. and we've seen each other pee."
"Well, that really forges a bond!" Not like me giving birth to you, that's meaningless.
I'll tell you what..
No comments:
Post a Comment