Friday, November 25, 2011

Timmy at 4 months

We had Timmy's 4-month checkup a week early because we'd be traveling.  He weighed in at 15 pounds 1 ounce and was 25 inches long.  He's solidly average in size.  He's certainly the leanest of all my babies.  I don't mind.  It's nice not having to figure out how to clean underneath two or three chins.

He doesn't have enough hair to tell (when are you gonna grow some hair, Timmy?!), but it looks like he's turning out to be another blonde.  I am eagerly awaiting the growth of more hair.  What little he had in the first place has fallen out and all he has left is peach fuzz.  When the light is shining on his head, he looks blond.  If a slightly orange light is shining on his head, he looks strawberry blond.  In dim lighting, he's dirty blond.  He's got a big patch of cradle cap in the middle of his head, and once I take care of that (the sight of it makes me want to gag, so I guess it's about time) some more hair might grow.

Timmy had a couple of firsts this month.  There was his first road trip -- New Bern, NC to Grafton, MA in just under 15 hours.  We did it in one day.  He slept almost the whole time, except for the rare occasion he was hungry or fussy.  When we arrived at my sister-in-law Karen's house, he gifted me with 8 straight hours of sleep (8 hours for him, 6 of it I enjoyed).  I am so lucky to have yet another good little traveler!  Here's a video of him the next day, trying out a jumperoo for the first time, and laughing at one of his favorite people, Delaney:
He also had his first Thanksgiving.  He was a hit at his great-aunt Jayne's house, where he was passed around from one set of arms to another for four hours, while I had fun eating with both hands.  I'm so glad he doesn't mind being held by different people.
So thankful for this baby boy!
His sleep habits haven't changed much since last month.  For most of the month, he's been sleeping in 4-hour stretches at night, and the last few days he's been sleeping one 5 or 6-hour stretch.  He still does eat-activity-sleep throughout the day, but I kind of wish the intervals would lengthen a little.  He is awake and happy for only a very short time before he's ready for another nap.  If I'm out somewhere and can't put him down for a nap, that can be hard.  I'm looking forward to when he settles into a pattern of one morning nap, an afternoon nap around the time of the girls', and then maybe one late afternoon nap.  Then again, maybe I don't look forward to that because I don't know how well I can stick to it with two other kids and things to do.
His sisters give him lots of hugs and kisses.  In return, he drools on them and grabs their hair.  Annie still likes to count his toes and she comes up with a different number every time.  Delaney likes to say, "Hi Buddy!  Hiiiii!" over and over, and he grins and "talks" back.  They treat him like a living doll.  I wonder if they'll be as happy with him when he becomes mobile and starts going after their stuff.  Probably not, but it will be funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment