Every once in awhile--ok, twice since I turned 40--I want to be a fun Halloween person and dress up. Thomas and his riot of baby curls inspired me to make this one of those years. What do you think I did?
Whatever I felt like I wanted to do, gosh!😆😆
It started with Thomas as Napoleon Dynamite, and then one thing led to another. I had no trouble getting Timmy on board as Uncle Rico. I got Joey to humor me as Kip for just long enough to take a picture; he didn't even need to change out of his school uniform to do it! I just penciled a mustache on him and had him pull his shorts up extra high. I rocked a side pony and fanny pack as Deb. I thought maybe I could get Annie to be Summer, and Delaney to be Napoleon's date to the dance, whose mom made her go. But they weren't interested; they didn't seem to be into Halloween this year. Tim, the self-described Grinch who stole Halloween, wanted nothing to do with it; otherwise I think he'd have made a good Rex.
Once the obligatory pictures were taken, Joey was excited to put on his sumo wrestler costume to go trick-or-treating. He, Thomas and I left the house together, but once he saw his friend across the street outside, he ditched us for him and his family, and the other friends they had going with them. Timmy went with some of his friends. I was about to take Thomas back inside, but he got SO sad when I turned toward the garage--he knew something fun was happening. I relented and said, "OK, we'll just walk around." Then Tim and Delaney joined us, and we had a nice time just walking around seeing all the kids in their costumes and the decorations. We didn't go to any doors, but he did get one handful of candy when a neighbor approached his stroller to give it to him. "I love that movie," he said. "Nacho Libre."😕🤣 I didn't bother correcting him. I honestly don't think most people got it, but the ones who did appreciated it.
At the end of this video, Tim asked what we did when it was Delaney's first Halloween. Besides a little parade at the mall with other members of a 'mommy and me' group, nothing. She was three months old! With the exception of Joey, they were all little babies their first Halloween, and I didn't care to do much of anything with them. This Halloween was a good memory.
Tim might have to be ready to be part of an encore next year... We'll see.





💓you look so damn cute in that costume Rachael 🎃
ReplyDelete