It seemed like the end of summer hit me extra hard this year, I don't know why. I was in a little bit of a funk for a couple weeks, just not wanting to accept it. But fall always wins me over in the end, and as busy and tiring as the days can sometimes be (Thomas still not sleeping well doesn't help matters), I take the time whenever and wherever I can to just look around and take in all the beauty the season has to offer.
He is quite the little talker these days. Sometimes when I'm about to change his diaper he says, "Let's talk." His way of stalling, I guess.
I hosted our parish's Well-Read Mom meeting last month. The book was Peace Like a River, so I put a snowy scene on the TV to go with the book's wintry setting.
Who doesn't love the first days of sweater weather, even when you know it's going to be 80 again in a day or two?🍂
Tim's parents came and stayed with us for just shy of two weeks, and that was really nice. Karen and Matt came for a few days too. We all celebrated Tim's birthday together, went on a few outings, kids' activities, and had the best weather the whole time.
Senior Night. She has been accepted into Appalachian State, and that is where I would say she is 99% likely going.
The feeling when you find that Old Navy puffer vest in your size😊
I always look forward to bringing this dinner back into rotation for fall and winter.
On Halloween, Tim and Delaney were in Raleigh, Annie was out with friends, and the other boys were trick-or-treating around here with kids their age, so it was just Thomas and I walking around. He was so excited. I brought the stroller for our loop around the neighborhood, but he was on foot and carrying his own bucket up until just the last few houses. There was a family in dinosaur costumes, and he was so fascinated. "Hi Dinosaur," he kept saying. He also wanted to touch their tails, which fortunately were nowhere near actual body parts. It was cute. A bonus two-year-old in middle age is absolutely delightful, even as it is exhausting.
The view outside Grace's window in Cincinnati, just because.
Thoroughly enjoyed as always💞
ReplyDeleteThank you!
Delete