I don't want to brag, but I am just obsessed with the way our house looks inside and out this December. I can't seem to stop taking pictures because there's always another kind of light that makes it even better, and I think I've probably captured every kind of light possible. I'll see if I can take a few minutes to share a few here before Thomas wakes up from his nap.
 |
| I love that there's this much color in the yard in December. All the new plants that were new a couple years ago have had a chance to mature a little. The camellias are dazzling me right now. |
 |
| I've never seen this holly look prettier. I think it has more and brighter berries this year. I've been incorporating some of these branches in my decorating inside. |
 |
| I had fun decorating the front door. We hosted the office Christmas party a few days ago, and knowing all these people who've never seen our house before were coming, really lit a fire under me. Nothing motivates me quite as much as knowing I'll be having guests. |
 |
| One of the many outtakes from this year's Christmas card pictures.😆 |
 |
| Our house is south-facing, so we get a lot of natural light through the front of the house in the fall and winter, while the backyard is much more shadowy. Then in the warm months the pool is in full sun, but there's less sun coming in our house, which helps keep it cool. Such a perfect tradeoff! |
 |
| Because I spend way too much time on Instagram, I decided to try out dried orange slices, and I love how they turned out. |
It is still such a pleasure, after all the years of living in base housing and other rentals, to have a home to call our own and make our own. And it's always good for me to take a minute and remember, at this most exhausting time of the year, that I am really living my dream.
No comments:
Post a Comment