The days are getting away from me. He's five months old, and more scrumptious than ever.
This last month has been great, but as with the month before, the quality of nighttime sleep we're getting leaves a lot to be desired. His little body is busy 24 hours a day, and periods of sound sleep don't seem to last very long for him, maybe a couple hours at most. It is so nice to have all the space of our new king-size bed, but as Tim can tell you, a baby can still manage to take up more than his share. I am oblivious in my sleeping or semi-sleeping state, one arm wrapped protectively either around his waist or under his arms. He still goes to bed around 8 and then lasts maybe two to four (if we're lucky) hours in his bassinet. He takes around three or four naps a day, the first of which happens about an hour or two after he wakes up.
He's getting more mobile; if he sees something he wants he can scoot after it on his belly. He likes the blinds on the french doors in our bedroom, and I had to relocate the big plant in a basket I had by the full-length mirror because he was like a moth to a flame with that.
He's wearing size 3 diapers now, and both 3-6 and 6-9 clothes.
He's not minding his car seat so much anymore, although he does get cranky if I'm taking him out and putting him in too many times a day. I guess I can't blame him for that!
He is always playing with his tongue, sticking it out, chewing on it, and who knows what. You can see it in the next picture.
He is also a Mr. Grabbyhands, and his grip is strong. I was humming to him one night as I was trying to get him to bed, and suddenly that hand with its sharp little nails fastened onto my lower lip. He likes to grab handfuls of my cheeks and hair too, and sometimes that can be followed with an I'm gonna eat you mama mouth on my cheek or shoulder. He's so funny.
I keep an eye on him and Willow together, but she is very tolerant of him. Delaney has been helping foster that tolerance with her for awhile, holding her while he touches her paws (she's never been a huge fan of her paws being handled), and then praising her and giving her lots of pets. I do pretty much the same thing when they're on the floor together, so she's accustomed to getting lots of positive attention when he's around.
It's amazing how much happiness one demanding little person can give us. 😄







No comments:
Post a Comment