Sunday, January 9, 2022

Master bathroom makeover


We got the last thing we were waiting on to make this project complete, and I finally got a sunny afternoon to take "after" pictures. I love how it turned out!

These are the listing photos.

It was painted the same khaki shade as every other inch of the house's interior. Tim painted it right away, along with our bedroom, BM November Rain. That made kind of a difference, but not much. He was never happy with it. I said he could change the bathroom color if he must, but please leave the bedroom walls alone. It's still perfect in there.

Most of the other changes were things Tim did little by little: new light fixtures over the vanity, new vanity color, new hardware for cabinets and drawers, new faucets, and the thing that was a really nice surprise when I got back from Cincinnati this summer--a frame around the big vanity mirror. We didn't do the best job of documenting changes along the way. We hired a professional to redo the floor and tile, and that was a two-week process that was finished I guess right after Thanksgiving. Just as that was wrapping up, Tim repainted the walls to reflect his vision, a color called BM Navajo White. NOT to be confused with SW Navajo White. That's what he ended up with the first time, because that's what the guy at the paint counter wanted to give him. He didn't think it would make much of a difference, but yikes, it really did. It was like the color of margarine--yuck. I felt bad for him having to go back out and get the correct paint and do it over, but phew--that was more like it.
Tim documented this moment.
Then he upgraded the outlet covers, switch plates, and the toilet handle. The toilet handle! I didn't know that nice toilet handles and outlet covers were a thing, but now that I do, there's no going back. It's like Applebee's to my Wendy's.😄
The old shower glass did not survive the demolition process, so we had to order it new and wait a few weeks for it to arrive. Now that it's here we can say we have a finished product, a bathroom we'll be happy with for a long time to come.
The floor is ceramic and I got the runner from Boutique Rugs. I love their selection, and from what I've seen, you can always get at least 60% off.
The painting was a Christmas present from Delaney and Annie, who did it themselves. They, along with their dad, correctly assumed that it would mean way more to me to have wall art made by hand than just whatever they could have found at Hobby Lobby. I was beyond delighted to open this gift; I couldn't wait to hang it up.
The niche in the shower is so nice. I took them all out for the photo, but normally it is a handy place to keep all our products. All Tim's idea. 
It's an amazing transformation, and I couldn't be happier with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment