Monday, December 3, 2018

Catching up

If you find yourself needing to make 175 meatballs in an afternoon, you need to have an Annie around.
I was lamenting the other day that I have no time for this blog anymore, and I wish I did. Tim said, "You have the time." I looked at him like he was crazy, but it might be that I actually have the time, just not the mental energy and focus. The margins of my day are getting fewer and shorter. I've been getting the house ready for a party on Friday, I've been Christmas shopping (mostly from home, but still), finishing up my two copyediting classes, and just trying not to let this household descend into chaos. Once the kids go to bed, it's Netflix, a beer and foot rubs on the couch, and sometimes I can barely keep my eyes open. I finally got Willow sorted out and she no longer pees anywhere in the house, and then a couple days before Thanksgiving, Joey decided he couldn't be bothered to use the potty anymore. Nor could he be bothered to keep a diaper on. I spent a few days just rushing up and down the stairs, cleaning up messes and doing so many loads of laundry. Now, with the help of Tim this past weekend and some good incentives, I think we've got him sorted out now. MY NERVES CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE.

Now we have the party this Friday, and then a few days after that the Ball, and I'm not used to life being so eventful, or eventfilled. But once the Ball is done, we enjoy the rest of Tim's parents' visit and then have a quiet Christmas here at home to look forward to once the kids' last week of school is done.

Joey's just gone to the potty and I'm buying myself a few minutes with him on a Kindle and Willow with a rawhide chew. I'll see if I can't share a few pictures I've taken in the last month or two.
Here's Joey looking through our favorite Hallmark recordable storybook we've had for a few years. It's read by Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Karen and Juliana. Joey looked through it again and again when I got it out. Then a day after I took this picture, it stopped working. I put in new batteries and it still doesn't work.😭
"I want those pillows fluffed, and I want them plumped!" I know everyone's seen this YouTube video a thousand times, but it's always good for a laugh. It might be mistaken for actual footage of me on Friday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment