Sunday, June 5, 2016

My Sunday Best, Episode 1

The summer blahs came early this year. For the past five days it's been so hot the recruits aren't allowed to train outside. Yesterday we left the house only to pick something up at Publix and to walk aimlessly around the Exchange for 45 minutes JUST to be doing something. Joey's been a bit of a challenge. He is now crawling, sitting, climbing and getting into things he's not supposed to. (Did I mention he's five months old?) He seems unable to shut himself off and just sleep, so he's been up at least five or six times a night these past two nights. It was Annie to the rescue again this morning at 6 when he woke up again and I was desperately needing more sleep. I get annoyed all the time when Annie acts like Joey is hers and I'm just the wet nurse, but this morning he was all hers for two hours and I was so relieved.

Then as we all sat in the pew at Mass today, I thought about how grateful I am for everything I have, and what a good life we really have. We are together, we are healthy and happy, and I really have nothing to complain about. (But that's never stopped me before.)

My outfit details: Dress- Gap, sandals - Target, eye bags - courtesy of Joey. 
Annie's outfit: skirt - OshKosh (on clearance now; runs long.), yellow shirt - from Grandma. 
Joey's outfit: all Carter's.

Linking up with Rosie at A Blog for my Mom.

9 comments:

  1. You are all so cute! My oldest girl is also pretty convinced the baby (well, toddler, but I'm sure she'll be the same when the new baby's here) is hers and hers alone... Mostly it's kind of great, except when he clearly wants me and she won't let go of him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That scenario happens all too often at my house!

      Delete
  2. Love the happy smiles and bright colors. You all look fab. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is too cute, and I adore your sandals!!! Totally feel you about the baby/toddler. Man they never stop moving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Those sandals are an old favorite.

      Delete
  4. Hello! visiting from Sunday Best link-up!
    My sister's fam is a Marine fam too... They live in NC currently... so close to you guys

    Sarah @ disisd.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We came from NC and we're hoping to get back there next year.

      Delete
  5. Stopping by from Rosie's. You all look lovely! I'm originally from SC, but live in New England now. Always enjoy when we go back for visits :)

    ReplyDelete