Monday, May 9, 2016

Fun DIY Mother's Day Gift

I'm patting myself on the back for this year's Mother's Day gifts for the grandmothers. I had originally been thinking along the lines of a monogrammed tote from somewhere, but when I searched Pinterest, I found this and loved it. Who can't use another shopping bag? I ordered these from Amazon, and noted that in the reviews people were happily surprised that the bag is wider at the top than what the photo shows. I agree, I like the shape the bag actually is, better than the one pictured. I used acrylic paint I already had, instead of fabric paint; and fabric markers. I was so happy with how they turned out that I left them sitting on the kitchen counter for at least a week after they were done.

I think Tim's and my mom both loved them, but both asked right away which hand was Delaney's (the red one) and which one was Annie's. Maybe I could have them all sign or initial their hand prints next time I see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment