Thursday, April 7, 2016

Tim's Super Healthy Superpower Muffins

I just had to share this awesome muffin recipe Tim perfected while trying to make a snack that satisfied his sweet tooth but was also filling and nutritious. There's nothing better than guilt-free snacking. These muffins make for a delicious snack or breakfast. I may have mentioned making "Super Power" muffins that I got from Pinterest, but these don't resemble those. They are original and I am proudly sharing them here, having just baked my first batch myself. They passed the 'Rachael test'!
For me this recipe made 24 muffins, and at exactly 14 minutes they came out looking brown at the edges. I was worried they were overcooked, but they weren't at all. Tim makes 18 and he says last time they came out perfect at 16 minutes.
These will be just the thing to toss to a hungry kid in the back of the car on the way to Ohio!

Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 cups Bob's Red Mill Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup whey protein isolate, unflavored
1/4 cup ground flaxseed meal
3 raw bananas (we let them get really old and nasty)
2 eggs
1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend
4 Tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
2 Tbsp raw honey

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingredients well and set aside.
3. Blend everything else and then sift in dry ingredients.
4. Spray muffin pans.
5. Bake 14-15 minutes.

Recipe makes 24 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment