Sunday, October 25, 2015

Maternity Pictures

My friend Kim of On the Move Photography graciously offered to take maternity pictures of me, and who was I to refuse? I never got maternity pictures with my other pregnancies, unless you count the time I went to the studio at Babies 'R Us when I was pregnant with Annie. (And no, we won't count it because it was very bad and very ugly. The memory of it embarrasses me.) She drove me out to the ruins of an old church some 35 minutes away, as soon as the kids had gotten on the bus one morning. Here in the south we have no fall foliage, but I think the gorgeous colors of those old bricks made up for that. It is very difficult for me to have pictures taken of myself by myself, and therefore I was probably one of Kim's most awkward subjects ever -- like, 'What do I do with my hands? (I stuck with the above-and-below-the-belly position, mostly.) What do I do with my face?' At one point she told me, "Alright, look over at me and smile .. OK, that looked painful, look back over there!" She did the best she could with me, we had a lot of laughs, and despite my nerves I ended up having fun. I think she did a great job of capturing me in my 'elderly multigravida' glory. (Yes, that's the actual medical term for me -- I saw it on my chart at the OB office. It's quite a distinction.) In a matter of weeks, Kim will be taking pictures of our baby boy and of all the kids together. Wow..
Can you spot the pregnant lady in the church ruins? Tee-hee.
Toward the end of the session I put on this cardigan and swapped out the scarf for this necklace. I like the first outfit better. But the real reason I include this picture is because it best shows my nails, which I painted the night before just for this occasion. I love the way they look, but I find the process of painting them inside the lines and then waiting impatiently for them to dry so frustrating. Then it all chips off a day later anyway! But here in this picture they will last forever.:)

2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, you look amazing! I'm with you on the feeling weird though, maternity photos are one thing I never did and even when I get the kids photos done, I'm all about JUST the kids and not myself ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jodi!

      Make sure you're getting in some of the photos -- your kids will want pictures of YOU later on.:)

      Delete