Tuesday, September 8, 2015

20 Questions for Delaney at Age 8

I was just reading a birthday update/interview on another blog and realized that I had not done a birthday interview for either Delaney or Timmy yet this year. They just fell the cracks of our busy July. I decided I'd better catch up on that right away, so here is Delaney's, better late than never.
In the two months since this photo was taken, her two top front teeth have grown in -- finally! She spent about 10 months looking just like this, and we wondered if those teeth were ever going to grow in.
1. Who is your favorite person in the whole world? Daddy.

2. What's your favorite color? Blue.

3. What's your favorite TV show? Annedroids. 
4. What's your favorite outfit? I'll wear anything. [Upon further thought] Let me think.. my favorite pajama outfit is my flipflop ones.

5. What sport do you like best? Soccer. [I ask her if she's sure because it so happens that she is playing soccer currently, and does not have much enthusiasm for it. I tell her that it doesn't have to be a sport she actually plays.] Football.
I don't know who took this picture, but apparently here she is showing off her new front teeth and whatever else she's got in her mouth -- yuck.
6. What song do you love? Mean.

7. What's your favorite cereal? The Star Wars kind.

8. Who is your best friend? Norah.

9. What do you want to be when you grow up? A vet.

10. What is your favorite book? Max [the Marine dog].
Here she is looking characteristically bashful when asked by a neighbor about that day's reading material for the bus. It's one of her old go-to's, her dog encyclopedia. These days it's the Star Wars trilogy, and judging by the thickness of that one, it's going to keep her occupied for the whole rest of the year and maybe even the next.
11. What are you really good at? Putting my tongue on my nose. [This I did not know. I ask her to do it for me and she does. She laughs at me when I attempt to do the same.]

12. Where do you wish you could go on vacation? Massachusetts.

13. What is your best memory? The picture of me and my funny face when I was a baby. [I ask her if she means the one where she's pouting and ready to cry.] No, the one where I'm sitting in the chair.. [Well, that narrows it down to about a 1000 pictures we have of Delaney sitting in a chair as a baby and making a funny face.] Let me go try to find it.. [She runs off to her room and I wait. She comes back unsuccessful and then I say to her, "You know you can't actually remember that anyway, right?" She gives me a funny look. I think she has a different idea of what a "memory" is. She doesn't think it's something you remember, but more like a keepsake.]
Here you go, Delaney.
14. What would you buy if you had $1000? Doggies.

15. What is your favorite vegetable? Corn.

16. If you could have a wish, what would it be? To have a doggy.
She's an elf-sized 3'10.5" and 50 lbs. She's at the 4th percentile for height and 21st for weight. She wears size 7/8 in clothing and size 13 or 1 in shoes, depending on the brand.
17. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Chocolate.

18. Who is your biggest hero? Daddy.

19. What do you like to do with your friends? Play with Fenway. [This answer makes me sad for her because she is referring to Norah who lived next door until this past summer, who has a dog named Fenway. I hope that next time I ask her these questions she'll talk about things she does with kids who are in her own zipcode.]

20. What do you hope you'll get to do before your next birthday? Get a doggy. [I give her a look and say, "Really, before your next birthday?" She has already been promised a dog when she turns 10. But a girl can dream!]

I'm going to wrap this up with the little collage I posted on Facebook the day of her birthday -- Delaney at ages 0, 4, and now, 8. She is one special little little girl and we love her to pieces.


No comments:

Post a Comment