Thursday, April 30, 2015

{pretty, happy, funny, real} April showers

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life~

{pretty}
The girls were so excited to show me this pretty flower growing on Annie's plant this morning. Several weeks ago we let the kids pick a packet of seeds and a pot to plant them in. The things that sprouted have not been pretty, and we had to start all over with new seeds for Timmy after his little plant succumbed to too much water. But the girls' pots have been growing just the ugliest, scraggliest things that look nothing like the pictures on the packets. Annie's plant, especially -- I walk by it and go, what is that thing, it looks like a beanstalk? We got a LOT of rain yesterday and the night before, and I thought maybe all three of those little pots had gotten way too saturated. Then this morning, lo and behold, Annie's "beanstalk" has this gorgeous bloom. Now Delaney really wishes hers would grow flowers too, and poor Timmy wishes his would grow at all.

{happy}
There's nothing like playing in the giant puddles left by 12 hours of heavy rain. Timmy's favorite thing to do is race through them on his "motorcycle", while the girls like to search for things in our swampy yard with a shovel. And they were wearing their school clothes and Keen sandals. Actually, Annie wasn't wearing shoes at all. But I like to see them outside having fun.

{funny}
Tim took this picture a week ago when Annie started examining my belly, trying to shift it around with her hands and putting her ear to it for a listen. I said, "The baby's the size of a blueberry at this point, so whatever's jiggling around in there is NOT the baby." She is the only one of the three who is taking any interest in my belly, and it cracks us up. I think she'll enjoy the midwife visits.

{real}
I'm afraid I don't have anything much to offer in the "real" category, so.. here's a picture of the aftermath of fun in the puddles! Dirty socks, underwear, shoes, and clothes. Boring. I'll see if I can come up with something better next time.

For more {phfr}, go to Like Mother, Like Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment