Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter 2015

We had a really nice Easter here, just us.

On Saturday, at the end of a busy day of soccer games, errands, and Tim looking in multiple stores to find me some fresh flowers (sorry hon, I know I'm a pain in the butt), the kids dyed eggs.
On Sunday morning I took a pictures of the Easter Bunny's handiwork before the kids dove in.  This year he brought the girls new earrings, including their first pairs of danglies, which they had been eagerly awaiting since they had their ears pierced last April. Timmy got a couple of the trucks that he'd fallen in love with the last time I took him to CVS. 
We Skyped with Grandma and Grandpa in Massachusetts, and they showed them their goodies. It was snowing there -- what?
I admired the mason jars I'd painted at Craft Night, with the flowers that Tim had procured for me the day before. The pink blooms came from a bush down the street. He walked down the street with Annie yesterday to get them and he felt like a thief doing it. They are so beautiful. I wish we had them growing in our own yard so we wouldn't have to feel guilt about clipping a few here and there.
Tim found this letter that Annie had written for him a few days ago while he was away on yet another trip. It says, "Dear Daddy, I miss you. I want you to come back on Thursday. You are 'pose to come back on Friday. I love you. You are coming back in two more days. Love, Annie." That just melts my heart.
Here they are ready for Mass.
After Mass, everyone went outside for an Easter egg hunt.
Back at home we asked our neighbor to take some pictures of us.
Tim gave me a hard time about the stepstool on the porch. I hadn't gotten around to taking it back inside after watering the ferns that morning. He said, "That's what you get for being lazy!" I said, "I wasn't being lazy. The stool was wet. I needed to let it dry before bringing it in." 
It was a beautiful, happy Easter Sunday for us, and today it's back to business as usual. Tim is off again on another trip and the kids are back to school. Spring break doesn't start until Monday. We're going to start the break early and drive to Ohio to see my side of the family for a week. I'm so excited. I haven't been back there in a long time -- I think two Christmases ago. I've got a busy few days to prepare!

No comments:

Post a Comment