Sunday, February 8, 2015

Delaney says

On the way home from school Friday, Delaney said to me, "Today at school we made these poles that the Native Americans had.. that have people on them.."

"Totem poles?" I asked.

"Yes!" she said.  "And I put Alexa on mine but not you."

"Huh?"

"We were only allowed to put five people on them, and I really wanted to put Alexa on mine.."

"Alright, let me get this straight -- you put yourself, Daddy, Alexa,.."

"..And Timmy and Annie, and I wanted to put you on it too, but I really wanted Alexa."

"So I'm not even the 'low man on the totem pole.' I'm not even on the totem pole, but Alexa is?!"

"I know, but I really wanted her on it because she's my favorite cousin.. (blah, blah, blah)..  and we've seen each other pee."

"Well, that really forges a bond!"  Not like me giving birth to you, that's meaningless.

I'll tell you what..

No comments:

Post a Comment