Sunday, July 14, 2013

6 months down, just a few days to go

For the final jellybean photo, I opted to leave the jar sitting in its normal spot on the counter between the kitchen and living room, where I have walked by it a thousand times a day since January, glancing impatiently at it every time.  Will those jellybeans ever go down? I wondered.  And look at them now!

Last month on my birthday Tim surprised me with the news that he would be home about three weeks early.  The girls and I danced around for joy, and then I re-counted how many jellybeans we'd need and ended up removing a couple big handfuls.  I then gave them to the girls to put on top of my frosted birthday cookies.

Then I resumed the impatient glances at the now drastically reduced jellybean jar.

Our waiting is almost over.  Tim is on his way.  I remember how much that first couple of weeks sucked, with all the cold and the sickness and the sadness.  Then we got better and settled into our routine, and things got predictable and sometimes fun, and I could manage it all and even be happy.  Now I feel an anxiousness creeping up on me.  I hope it goes smoothly, I hope it goes on time, I hope the kids don't get cranky, I hope it doesn't rain, I hope Tim's not too appalled at the way I've let some things go (oh, I know he doesn't care, he just wants to be with us again)..  All these different things keep crossing my mind.  As Aunt Miriam would say, I have an acute case of "expectation-induced anxiety", right, Grace?  It's too bad that's not a real psychological term because it's brilliant.

The same photographer who took our homecoming pictures last time will be doing them again for us.  I can't wait until I can share the new ones!  Maybe they will even be the last.  That would be nice.

7 comments:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it hasn't seemed that way to you, but it seems like its gone by pretty fast! And how awesome that he gets to come home a little early. Hope he gets home to you guys safe and sound and get some quality time as a family again!

    Oh and a question...do you have one jelly bean a day or one for each kid a day? What an awesome way to count down him coming home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has gone by pretty fast this time, unlike last time which seemed to last a hundred years!

      We are super excited, but right now I do have a sick kid -- Delaney -- and I hope she's not still sick when it comes time for his arrival. I guess we have to begin and end this deployment with sickness, don't we?:/

      And yes, it is one jellybean per kid per day.

      Delete
    2. I thought that might be the case LOL ;) Hope Delaney feels better quickly!!! I'm sure that even if she isn't, that having her Daddy home will help immensely!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited for you!
    And just as an aside - um, how great do you look?!?! I'm jealous of your bikini bod! I'm halfway through getting my baby weight off - yes, my 'baby' is 15 months old, I know - and some days it feels like these last 15 pounds will never leave me. ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I finally got brave enough to wear a bikini again. I was dead set on hiding my middle b/c of a trouble area that won't go away. But then I thought a little bit of sun might help camouflage it, I feel good wearing the bikini, and nobody's perfect anyway.:)

      Keep up that running and you'll lose it all!

      Delete
  4. Really happy for you guys!!! I'm excited to hear more about the big homecoming moment and see the pictures. Yay!!

    "Expectation-induced anxiety" = brilliant

    ReplyDelete