Thursday, April 25, 2013

Grandpa's visit

Tim's dad came and stayed with us for a week, from Tuesday the 16th to Tuesday the 23rd.  At first he thought he was escaping the cold north because it was in the high 70s/ low 80s, and he and the kids spent lots of time outside.  Then when the weekend came, it abruptly dropped into 50s and we had to pull out the sweatshirts and jackets once again.  I left the house thermostat turned to a/c and didn't even notice because it wasn't kicking on anymore.  Finally he said to me, "Rachael, do you have the air conditioning still on?"  "Uh, yeah, I guess I do."  He said, "I'm freezing!"  I went into the hallway and looked at the thermostat and said, "It's a balmy 65 degrees in here!"  Oops.  So I turned it back to heat.  Crazy North Carolina spring.  I've already turned it back to a/c.  From here, he went to Florida to spend time with family there.  Hopefully he's enjoying some relaxation and consistent warmth and sunshine.
Delaney and Timmy were taking turns trying to fix Grandpa's hair.
I dropped them off at the park when I went to work out, and when I came to pick them up, this is the sight that greeted me.  You can't see too well in this crappy phone picture, but Annie is covered in dirt.  Tim Sr said, "This is what happens when grandfathers take little girls to the park."  It was funny.
All comfy on the couch watching a movie

No comments:

Post a Comment