Thursday, September 6, 2012

Rainy Labor Day project

It seems to have been a rule the last several weeks that any day Tim has off we have crappy weather.  In fact I feel robbed of the end of summer because first Tim took leave for a week, then he had a Labor Day 96, and it rained almost every day throughout all of it.  We tried to make the most of it on Labor Day with a morning of shopping in Morehead City that included a stop at Michael's to get supplies for a project we've been wanting to do for awhile.  

The original intent was to have the kids paint canvases that we could then hang in our room.  But clearly we were not very good at choosing colors for that purpose, and at some point in the process I looked at Tim and said, "These are going in the playroom."  He said, "Yeah."  Our room could use a 'pop of color', but this is a little much. 

As they sat there drying I said, "Let's hang them in the kitchen.  Then I can see them every day all day long, and they'll make me smile."  Tim said no way.  I told him he was no fun.  A few hours passed and I noticed the colors getting brighter and brighter.  I stopped mentioning how nice they would look in the kitchen and started scoping out a perfect spot for them upstairs.
When we were all done, I noted that the three out of four canvases that Tim had either helped with or done himself, featured lines.  On the only one that I had anything to do with -- Timmy's -- there are a lot of swirls and scribbles.  I think it says something about our personalities, but I'm not sure what.  
And there you have it -- playroom decor.  I love how they turned out.  We haven't signed them yet, and I think we need to do that too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment