Thursday, March 29, 2012

A day at the farm

Today we went with some friends to A Day at the Farm, a half hour away in Cove City, NC.  It is really just a morning at the farm, which is perfect for us.  We arrived at 9:30, took a tour of the animals, a hayride, sat down for a little picnic, and then had some of their homemade ice cream right before we left.  It was a beautiful day and we had a lot of fun.
"Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur.."
The girls were saying, "Shoo, bees, stay away!"
Lily, one of Delaney's preschool classmates, was saying, "This is my friend Delaney," and trying to hug her.   But Delaney was having none of it.
The lady leading the tour told us we could bring home a young male peacock for $40.  Also for sale at McCoy's Dairy: a dozen farm fresh eggs for $2, and a kitten for free.  You could also sign up to buy a third of a Heringford cow (I don't know how much for).  We saw the cows on our hayride, and the tour guide said, "Who likes hamburgers?"  A few other people there were signing up to buy portions of cow, and I briefly considered it, but we don't have the freezer space for something of that magnitude.
The peacock decided to show everyone his behind, and Delaney said, "Here's mine!"
"I don't want that turkey to get me!"
Timmy watched everything from a safe distance above the ground.
The girls were excited for the hayride.
Lots of happy faces on the hayride
Yummy ice cream
Timmy was not OK with watching me eat ice cream right in front of his face.  He grabbed my little wooden spoon and would not let go of it.  So I let him have it.  He licked the little bit of ice cream off and then happily gnawed on it.  I grabbed a new spoon and kept eating my ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment