Saturday, February 25, 2012

Timmy at 7 months



Once my babies get to be this age, I worry that I might never want to stop having them because they keep getting cuter and more fun with every passing day.  Then they start to sleep better, I start getting more rest, and then my memory starts to fail me.  They are dangerous at this stage, that's for sure.

Two days after he turned 6 months old, he had a well visit.  He weighed 17 pounds, 2 ounces (46th percentile), and was 27 inches long (64th percentile).  While I was waiting for the doctor, he bit down on my finger and I noticed he'd cut his first tooth.  The second one followed about two weeks later.
That same week, he began sitting up by himself.

 He has been practicing crawling for several weeks now.  He gets up on all fours, and moves one knee forward, then the other.  But he has no idea what to do with his hands, so he just lunges forward, and then scoots and wiggles his way to wherever he's trying to go.

This month we introduced solids.  We take the baby-led approach.  So far Timmy has tried apple wedges, broccoli florets, slices of green pepper, banana, cheese, toast, chicken breast, and tomato.  He may have tried some others, but I can't remember.  Whenever he's awake for a meal, we include him at the table so he sees us eat, and gets to try a little of what we're having.  He's mastered biting and chewing, but not yet swallowing.  He'll figure it out in his own time.

He sleeps well as long as we're at home.  He began "sleeping through the night" -- going to bed at 7, and waking up once at around 4 -- right before we left for Cincinnati a little over a week ago, and then that got disrupted with us sharing a room again.  Once we got back, he improved again right away.  He's not sleeping through the night, but it goes like this:  I give him a dream feed right before I go to bed between 10 and 11, he wakes up at around 3, and then again between 6 or 7.  It's not great, but compared to where we were a couple months ago, I'd say we're doing very well.  Since Tim's been home, he gets up with him that last time and I get to sleep in.  That ends when he goes back to work on Monday, but we'll still have weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment