Thursday, August 25, 2011

Timmy at 1 month

As I write this, our sweet boy is finally napping, swaddled, in the co-sleeper.  He's had a fussy day.  I told him he gets one fussy day a week, so he'd better make the most of it.  Besides being fussy, he's been nursing a lot, which makes me wonder, is it too early for a growth spurt?  I thought the first big growth spurt was around 6 weeks, and he's not even 5.

A lot of the crankiness is probably due to the fact that it is still the "4th trimester" and he is still trying to get used to being in the world.  I do what I can to soothe him.  He spent most of this morning tucked into the sling with a pacifier in his mouth.

For the most part, other than today, he is a very easygoing, content baby.  He rarely cries.  As a matter of fact, yesterday when I was in line at Food Lion, he was getting hungry and I was rocking his carseat in the back of the cart, hoping he could hang in there just a few more minutes.  We were in the express line with only 3 items.  The maximum was 12.  In front of us was a man who must be very special, because I counted at least 25 items on the belt for him.  And the cashier didn't say a word, just started scanning things.  The next thing I thought was, 'He'd better be bagging all that crap himself, and not holding up the line even more while she bags it.'  But no, she was bagging all of his 2-liters of sugary drinks for him while we, rule-abiding shoppers, waited.  That made me mad.  I stopped rocking the carseat, and hoped he would start squawking.  But he didn't because he's such a good baby.

He's a good sleeper too.  I typically put him to bed at around 7:30.  I just swaddle him and lay him down.  He wakes around 1 or 2 to eat, then sleeps again until around 6.  Sometimes he goes back to sleep right away after that, other times it's an hour or two later.

He has a bad case of baby acne all over his face and neck.  I Googled it and saw that it could last months.  I really hope not.  It is a blotchy red mess.

As much as I love the newborn days, I am ready to see those first real baby smiles in the next few weeks, and to see him returning my adoring gazes.

And one more thing.. he's going to experience his first hurricane this weekend.  I will be sure to let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment