Saturday, April 23, 2011

Ant bites 2 days later

I said I could handle the pain of an ant bite, and I can.  But what I can't handle is the horrible 24/7, wake me up in the middle of the night, make me want to take my skin off ITCH!!  It keeps getting worse, and I want to know  when it's going to get better.

Just like my internet research said, the bites form little pustules that itch worse than anything else you've ever had in your entire life.  And I'm no stranger to itch.  I've had mosquito bites, chigger bites, and athlete's foot.  Now my toes are swollen and red and I am cranky because nothing is helping.

When it was just a regular itch, I used hydrocortisone cream and that helped.  When it got worse and woke me up at 1 a.m. last night (and hydrocortisone didn't help), I got on the internet to look for remedies.  I found many different suggestions, and most of the things that were suggested I didn't have in the house.  But I had hot water and tea tree oil.  So I scalded my foot with water as hot as I could stand it and then applied the tea tree oil.  That made it bearable so that I was able to go back to sleep.  I also felt good knowing that tea tree oil is an antiseptic because I'd scratched a little.  I couldn't help it.  And scratching a pustule is probably a bad idea.  I thought I'd found the solution once and for all.

But in the morning the itch was back and the tea tree oil and hot water do not help.  My foot has been on fire all day, and it's taking all my willpower not to scratch it bloody.

Two days ago when the ants attacked, I thought, 'This isn't so bad.'  But I had no idea what I was in store for.  This itch is driving me to distraction.  It's hard to think about anything else.

I refuse to ever again be bitten by a fire ant.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds horrible! Hope they're getting better.

    ReplyDelete