Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas card and stuff

I am quite pleased with how our Christmas card turned out.  It was a joy to put together.  I was not quite so pleased with how the girls' recent photo shoot went (picky mom that I am), but not to worry -- I had plenty of awesome photos to choose from, that my sister Grace took at Cape Cod.  Thanks again, Grace!

And thanks to Shutterfly for the great deal I got.  I am hoping for a return of that deal next year.

Now the cards are all mailed, and Christmas is getting closer.  I love how our own little traditions are starting to take shape.  Almost every night, we sit down on the couch in the glow of the Christmas lights (multi-colored this year, per Delaney's request) and watch a Christmas movie together.  I need to browse Netflix today and add to our repertoire, because lately it's just been either Merry Madagascar or Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, both of which we recorded from TV.  But it's so much fun to watch with these kids, especially when Delaney gets scared of the Abominable Snow Monster, and hides behind her dad.

We all trimmed the tree together, even though it was a little crazy with Annalise.  She only broke one ornament, though, and it wasn't an important one.  Yesterday our Elf on the Shelf arrived.  So far, Delaney is a little weirded out by it and Annie doesn't even notice it, but I thought it could still be a fun tradition eventually.  Maybe next year.

This Saturday we're going to Raleigh to see Disney on Ice Toy Story 3, and I'm looking forward to that.  I think the girls are going to love it.  We're leaving early in the morning so we can be there when a real mall opens its doors, and hopefully we'll find the girls some cozy Christmas pajamas and somewhat festive dresses.  Good times!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that photo. The new header pic. Gorgeous! The card looks great!

    ReplyDelete