Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Christmas card fun

I'm wishing extra hard for good weather and healthy, cooperative children for this weekend.  I'm having my little girls' pictures taken professionally at a park, and the plan is to make our Christmas cards with them.  This is one of the most fun aspects of the holiday season, as far as I'm concerned.  Every year since Delaney was born, I've wasted so many happy hours designing photo cards for our friends and family.  This year, I believe, I'll be going to Shutterfly.

It's a natural choice for me.  I love giving Shutterfly gifts and I love receiving them.  Here is the photo book Delaney and Annalise gave Tim last year.  I enjoyed every minute I spent putting it together, and when he opened it, he said it was his favorite gift.
Last Christmas, I was presented with not one, but two Shutterfly wall calendars -- one from Tim and one from my mom.  I love the daily reminders of places I've been and people who love me.  My mom told me how much she enjoyed selecting her favorite pictures from the year and thinking of the inspirational quotes that went with them.
As far as Christmas cards go, here is my favorite one so far: Good Blessings.  I love it because Delaney and Annalise are such gifts and Tim and I are constantly telling each other how lucky we are.  They light up our life.
Here's another one I like: Peppermint Bliss.  I can just see my little girls on there.  Maybe one of them individually on either side, and then one of them together in the middle.  I just don't see there being that many photos of them together to choose from.  But you never know.
Then again, there's this one, that will allow me to choose a whole bunch of my favorite family photos: With Love Chartreuse. I love the quote, "What a wonderful world."
We shall see.  I will be sure to post my final choice on here.  Until then, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good pictures this weekend!

I am participating in Shutterfly's 2010 Holiday Card Collection promotion where bloggers contribute a blog post about Shutterfly and receive 50 free holiday cards.  To learn more, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment