Thursday, March 25, 2010

Why Mama's not cranky today

It's such a cruel irony that a long busy day of playing with the girls, cleaning up their messes, making them a nutritious albeit haphazard dinner, and even pushing their little butts along on a four-mile run, could end in a night of me tossing and turning until well after midnight.  Then Mouth here, a.k.a. Annalise, had to wake me up at 5:45, just when I thought I had her trained (for two days).
I think the nickname "Mouth" suits her, wouldn't you agree?  Her mouth is always open -- laughing, yelling, crying, eating, snarling, barking orders at me.  It's a good thing she's so cute or I'd put her out, her and her sister both.  I remind them of that all the time.

But even a long night and an early morning don't dampen my good mood because ... tomorrow my mom and my sister Grace are coming to visit!  We last saw them when we went to Cincinnati for Christmas, and I didn't expect to see them again until.. actually, I had no idea.  So it was a wonderful surprise earlier this month when Grace called and told us they were coming to visit.  They'll be getting here sometime tomorrow afternoon and leaving Monday morning.  Have a safe trip, you two!

No comments:

Post a Comment