Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Years Resolution #2 (better late than never)

On a more cheerful note than yesterday, here is something that's been helping me beat the winter blahs: Jillian Michaels workout videos.  They are free on Verizon Fios On Demand  -- OK, not exactly free, but included!  I can do a 25-minute one, a 30-minute one, 40- or even and hour-long one, depending on what I'm in the mood for, or what really needs work.  If the girls are both down for "quiet time/nap," like today, I can do it then, and it's a great pick-me-up.   Those of you who watch The Biggest Loser know how motivating Jillian is; and even if you do one of the 25-minute 30 Day Shred workouts, you know you've done a lot when you're finished.  If I'd rather nap if they're both napping, I can do one at the end of the day, after I've put them to bed.  No excuses!

I heard about these videos from friends around here.  They are very popular with those who only have time to do things when their kids are asleep, and they have to be home.  Honestly, I like being able to work out in my living room, and not have to worry about how ratty my workout clothes look, or how clumsy my moves are.  I only have to worry about Tim videotaping me doing squats because he thinks he's friggin' hilarious.

There is even a "problem area" workout for things like muffin top or belly.  My post-baby belly decided to stick around awhile after Annie, and it's nice to be finally doing something about it sometime before her first birthday.  (Note: Sticking out your belly and using it as a shelf to carry the baby on, is not a good way to get rid of it.)  I don't know if the menu of workouts changes, just like Delaney's shows do every few weeks, but if they do, variety is good too.

There are many other workout videos by people other than Jillian Michaels, and I will check those out as well.  At first I wanted to try pilates because I know how much my sister Grace likes it.  But after five minutes, when the instructor said to keep my tailbone in contact with the floor, I knew that was not the best choice.  My tailbone is still not completely recovered from my fall down the stairs, and boy, did that hurt!    

It's been a week since I tried out workout videos On Demand.  I guess I could say getting in shape is my second New Year's Resolution.  Let's see how long I can stick with it!                

No comments:

Post a Comment