Monday, November 16, 2009

Sunday Morning in Washington, D.C.

What a great way to spend a Sunday morning, and the first sunny day in what seemed to be ages. I had to pat myself on the back for not turning off the alarm clock at 6 just to get that extra hour of sleep I was craving. Instead, I got to work making breakfast and packing snacks and drinks, so we could reap the benefits of being early birds. We arrived at 9 and got a free three-hour parking spot in front of the Smithsonian. The museums didn't open until 10, so we thought we'd do some walking just until they opened. Once we started walking toward the Lincoln Memorial, we changed our minds and decided not to rush back after all. We only spent the last hour in the American History Museum, mostly because it was getting warm, and I hadn't brought a hat to protect Annie's bald little fuzzy head from the sun.
I couldn't have asked for it to be a better day. I enjoyed seeing the monuments, the fall foliage, and all the people at the National Mall. Later I was pleasantly surprised to find the museum not too crowded either. We ended up leaving reluctantly at around noon, because time was up for our parking spot and for the kids.
We took many more good pictures, and I posted them Facebook. Posting pictures in Blogger is a pain.


No comments:

Post a Comment